Contributors

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ridiculously Easy Skillet Potatoes
Today was one of those days where the kids were whining and fighting, the baby was throwing tantrum after tantrum (she's teething), the house stays messy even though you feel like you've been cleaning all day and suddenly it's dinner time and you have to throw something together. I considered waffles or cereal but wanted to get some protein in those little tummies. They like eating  plain beans so I opened a can, rinsed them and tossed them into a bowl. Success! They gobbled them by the handful, tossed them into each others' mouths, and stole them off of each others' plates.

So the potatoes were needing to be used and I know my kids love potatoes so I diced them and sauteed them in a skillet with water. As it was heating up I chopped carrots and tossed them in, then when they were pretty soft I added zucchini. I seasoned only a little because my kids like things bland. I sprinkled red pepper flakes on mine for a little kick and it was so good! You can adjust seasonings however your family likes it or even do your own at the plate.

A lot of people ask me what kind of meals meals my kids like. While there are some that are more complicated recipes that I try and find successful, most of the stuff my kids devour are meals like this. Veggies combined with a protein flavored simply are a favorite. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll toss in some bread as well.

Here's the recipe, as close as I can remember.

Ridiculously Easy Skillet Potatoes

3 medium potatoes (whatever kind you have on hand, I used Russet), peeled and diced
2 medium carrots, sliced thin
1 zucchini, sliced
water for sauteeing
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
red pepper flakes to taste
Lowry's seasoned salt to taste

Serve with plain beans or other plant based protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment